What are the requirements of employment contracts under Dutch employment law?
Are you closing a contract under Dutch employment law? Under employment law in the Netherlands, the contract should outline important information. Dutch employment lawyer Eva Jongepier explains and gives tips and tricks to close a valid employment contract.
Under employment law in the Netherlands, the employment contract should outline important information about the agreement between the employer and employee.
It is required under Dutch employment law that an employment contract sets out the following:
- the start and duration of the employment
- the names of the employee and the employer
- the location where the employee will work
- the position and duties of the employee
- the number of holidays the employee will be entitled to
- the number of hours the employee is expected to work; and
- any pension schemes and applicable collective labour agreements.
Drating an employment contract under Dutch law is an intricate affair. It is advisable to consult an employment lawyer if you are closing an employment contract under Dutch law. Please feel free to contact me, Eva Jongepier, if you have any questions regarding employment law in the Netherlands .